Identify 1942 Mackfire Truck

wjfiles

I have what I believe to be a 1942 Mack Fire Engine.

Complete with pumps, ladder etc.

It is lefthand drive

Dual ignition.

I cannot find any serial numbers/Engine numbers.

Maybe I don't know where to look. can anyone help.

This unit is in Australia.

I am looking at two options, to sell as is or renovate completely.

Any advice would be appreciated

WJ-

The pump panel should have a small aluminum plate with the pump info and truck serial number. If not check on the right side frame above the right front spring- it may be stamped on the frame- they did stamp the serial number info in the frame on the B Models- not sure if this is true on the earlier models. Also check for the engine serial number on the boss right beside the waterpump on the right front of the engine block- just near the timing gear cover. It should have a stamped number starting with ENF (f for fire truck). Once you have the engine identified then you should have most of the info you need. Good luck and also if you post a few pictures most of us can identify the model for you.

Firemack

Hi WJ

In Australia it is most likely what you have is a fire truck variant of an E model Mack. I would lean towards a Type 75 but it could also be a Type 45. If you find the chassis number, it should start with a 45 or a 75. If it turns out to be one of these, you can also register it on the E-model registry that I set up recently!

Looking forward to some pics. Very exciting to hear of another one in Australia.

I'm in Perth, where are you?

Cheers

Andy

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Hi WJ

In Australia it is most likely what you have is a fire truck variant of an E model Mack. I would lean towards a Type 75 but it could also be a Type 45. If you find the chassis number, it should start with a 45 or a 75. If it turns out to be one of these, you can also register it on the E-model registry that I set up recently!

Looking forward to some pics. Very exciting to hear of another one in Australia.

I'm in Perth, where are you?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, There is a photo in my gallery.

Where can I find the E-model registry.

RGDS

Bill