CF parts

fdnymackcf

Looking for parts for my 1980 CF. Can use the inside headliner insulation and 'pegboard' type on the inside cab.

Heard rumors of a machine shop in PA that can make CF fenders. Any idea who?

Also heard rumors that front end and brake parts are getting harder to find. Barry, any truth to this?

Also need a 3 hose suction rack, and either a Stang gun or Akron New Yorker for my deck gun (awaiting pics to verify). And a 3 piece bumper, preferably red.

Thanks in advance.

Stay safe.

If it ain't a Mack, it ain't Jack!!!!!! :)

fdnymackcf

I think I might have the parts you need, however have shows until October 23rd, so won't be able to confirm until the last week in October,

Firemack

Awesome, Brother. Take your time. No rush. Hope to FINALLY start working on the rig next week.

Many, many thanks.

Stay safe.

Well, after 5 years we got started on this rig. Tried numerous vocational and tech schools with no reply, and the answer was literally under my nose. A pal I work for part time owns a fire repair and body shop, but I never asked him because one never wants to bite off more that you can chew and not not jeopardize a friendship close to 20 years. Anyway, he said bring it over any Saturday and we will work on it. Not having the knowledge (and right tools...lol) made me a little afraid to make this venture. Even though I didn't do too much, I did a little welding, lots of grinding and cutting, and body part removal. And while tiring and freaking dirty, it felt pretty damned good to do it. Hope you like the pics.

Chauffeur's compartment (usually holds fittings and adapters being near the pump panel (info for guys with no FD knowledge...lol)

Left rear compartment:

IMG_20111009_151500-1.jpg

Right rear compartment:

IMG_20111009_151510-1.jpg

Right front compartment:

IMG_20111009_151517-1.jpg

3 of the 4 compartments were rusted through, as you can see. The last one may have to be cut as well, but we will see. Some things need sandblasting, holes need to be filled, and obvious sheet metal work. I didn't do too bad with welding, but didn't do to well, either.....lol. And have a nice 2 inch gash in my right index finger from getting to close to a grinder....lol.

Other stuff includes an air leak (both systems drop to 0 in under 24 hours), check on the charging system, electrical work (no turn signals or 4 ways, no interior lights).

Thanks to my Brother FireMack for looking for my parts, will know soon enough. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Edited by fdnymackcf

AAAH the joys of the old truck hobby! blood sweat and tears! but stick with it,cause the ends surely justifies the means,and makes the whole process worthwhile,sure something to stand back and be proud of when its all said and done!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

AAAH the joys of the old truck hobby! blood sweat and tears! but stick with it,cause the ends surely justifies the means,and makes the whole process worthwhile,sure something to stand back and be proud of when its all said and done!...........Mark

Thank you. Hopefully, all the work in it will get her looking real nice. And for someone who can't do a thing with his hands (trust me, and I regret it now), I felt a bit of self satisfaction getting to do it. Grinding got tedious at times, but I still felt great at the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i did finally get my pics on the web, so here they are. I do hope you do enjoy.

As my avatar post, this is the CF shortly before it was purchased:

290.jpg

The CF 5 years later after finally working on it:

photo.jpg

After removing compartment doors and the upper compartments (FDNY put the suction hose rack there):

photo-1.jpg

Chauffeur's side front compartment:

photo-2.jpg

And after:

photo-3.jpg

And after after.. (notice sever corrosion of the brace) lol:

photo-8.jpg

My pal Rob closing some holes by welding:

photo-4.jpg

Officer's side (right) rear compartment before:

photo-5.jpg

And after:

photo-11.jpg

Officer's side front compartment before:

photo-6.jpg

And after:

photo-7.jpg

Edited by fdnymackcf