Wanted----help In Putting Power Steering On B61sx4923

b-ner

B ner

I have heard various ideas on how to install a power steering unit on a Bmodel. Does it have air or hydraulic, if it has air there is air assist unit, if you have hydraulic, the you can add a hydraulic pump on the back of the generator and that then supplies the power assist mounted on the tie rod and frame.

I have heard there is a new hydraulic unit/power assist available but you would have to check on theis site's classified list, or maybe one of the other guys on this site can add to the post with the right contact to purchase the unit.

Good luck and have fun with the B!

Firemack

• 4 weeks later...

:WELCOME:

Hi folks;

New kid on the block. This thing runs good, but , the grey haired chubby guy behind the wheel can't keep[ up!! Lookig for some ideas or suggestions as to putting power steering on this unit econonical. Thanks Jeff

Hello:

I know Dennis Meehan sells them. He has been injured from what I understand and it might be a long while before he is working again. You did mention economical and his were about two thousand dollars, if I remember right. That is a lot of money, from what I understand, it is a complete set up with everything you need. You might look on the for sale adds like the other fella mentioned. Do a search on this site, a good bit has been mentioned in the past. Truck junkyards can be searched. Someone with some good knowledge might chime in later too.

George