It Won't Be My Mack

:angry: Well,folks-it looks like I won't be getting the EH after all. The owner suddenly decided the amount we had agreed upon isn't enough,so he's sending back my deposit on it.

He told me the price was $1,000.00 earlier,so if any of you might be interested you might still be able to get it for relatively cheap. I haven't yet found out how short of "his price" that is,but I think this truck is way too cool for a guy like its current owner. So if you're interested,just ask and I'll get you in touch with him. I even heard he's considered making a "rat-rod" out of it! :o You GOTTA save this Mack!!

I'd still be interested except for 2 factors:1-Where I come from,if you make an agreement with someone,you stick to it. and 2-The thousand is about all I can afford to pay,without dipping into money I have earmarked for repairs,service,and fuel for the retrieval of the truck.

It saddens me to be treated this way by someone I considered as family,but I guess it just proves that you can't trust relatives in matters like this. I'm looking into different makes,as well as Macks,as I'll be needing a truck this summer even if it isn't a Mack.

Maybe I'll be able to find another Mack in the same price range,probably not as nice,but regardless of the outcome now,I'll still be a Mack Truck fan,and I'll have a Mack someday.

Roll Safe,my friends!

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

:angry: Well,folks-it looks like I won't be getting the EH after all. The owner suddenly decided the amount we had agreed upon isn't enough,so he's sending back my deposit on it.

I'd still be interested except for 2 factors:1-Where I come from,if you make an agreement with someone,you stick to it.

You're absolutely right Speed. If that guy did this to me I would tell him to shove that truck. This happened to me once before with a private purchase. Except this lowlife knew I was financing a bunch of equipment including his POS. So I call the guy up 3 days after I initially spoke to him, tell him the financing is in place, where do I send the check? He says the price is'nt 60k anymore, it's 75k. I said "Good for you." and hung up.

Any pictures ? Does it run?

:SMOKIE-LFT: I think theres some pics of it in the Truck of the Month submissions. If you don't find 'em let me know and I can email some to you.

The owner says he had it running by hand feeding it fuel,and says it sounded fine-no knocks,no oil smoke,good oil pressure. The only reason he didn't drive it home was he didn't have the time to go through the fuel system,electrics,etc. then and there. I had plans to go get it,do some basic stuff to get it driveable(install new mirrors and a new battery,clean out the carb and gas tank,change the oil/filter and service the air and fuel filters,replace the hoses and belts,grease the u-joints and front end,top off the boxes and take it to my brother's place and spend a week going over it and building a flatbed and boom on it,and driving it back home,(about 300 miles) with my '62 on the back,so I'm sure it would run without much work. I figured it'd take pretty much a full day to make it ready to drive. If you go for it,I'd recommend you get everything in writing,and verify the terms before paying him. (thats where I screwed up). It's a very decent truck-hope you buy it. :SMOKIE-RT:

Speed

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Trashman;

:thumb: Thanks for your support. If it was something I didn't care about I'd have a LOT to say to him,but I really want to see that truck in a good place,so I'm biting my tongue until I see it's rescued. Then he's likely to hear some things he won't like much. :P

Bennet-Mack;

If there's anything else I can do to help,please let me know. ;)

As upset as I am with the truck's owner,I can't let the truck suffer for his attitude.

I did email him to ask what price he THOUGHT he said,and to instruct him to go ahead and return my deposit;it'll be interesting to see if he responds or returns the money. :rolleyes:

In the meantime,I'm checking into a '47 International 1-1/2 ton C&C,a '49 GMC 1-1/2 ton flatbed,and a '47 Diamond T C&C,all of which are supposed to be runners,for $500.00 to $2,500.00. That runs a little over my budget,but I think I'll be able to work the prices down to a reachable number. The Diamond T interests me,but needs a lot of workfor 2,500.00,logically,I'm thinking the '49 GMC would be my choice,if for no other reason than that I can still get parts for it pretty easily. More news as I get it...

Speed