Not sure if the belongs here (the CL700 is out of production) or Modern Mack Trucks (The CL700s aren't really old yet). Was making the turn from US 14 eastbound to the ramp to MN 23 this morning and noted a red CL700 hooked to a lowbow loaded with light tracked carriers painted in camo colors. I think they call them "Weasels" or something like that and the utilities use them a lot for going across swampy ground, etc.. Was wondering what company's truck it was, and surprised by the lack of a sleeper. Didn't see any carrier's name on the cab, and just as I passed by saw a "US Army" license plate on the front bumper.

IIRC, Mack sold some Superliners to the military before the first Gulf War around 1991, and more recently some Granites. But a red CL700? Are there any more of these out there? Looked like he turned onto US 14 eastbound and there's a place near Minneapolis that rebuilds those tracked carriers, I'll keep an eye out and see if I can catch a better look at this red military bulldog again.

• Like 1

Not sure if the belongs here (the CL700 is out of production) or Modern Mack Trucks (The CL700s aren't really old yet). Was making the turn from US 14 eastbound to the ramp to MN 23 this morning and noted a red CL700 hooked to a lowbow loaded with light tracked carriers painted in camo colors. I think they call them "Weasels" or something like that and the utilities use them a lot for going across swampy ground, etc.. Was wondering what company's truck it was, and surprised by the lack of a sleeper. Didn't see any carrier's name on the cab, and just as I passed by saw a "US Army" license plate on the front bumper.

IIRC, Mack sold some Superliners to the military before the first Gulf War around 1991, and more recently some Granites. But a red CL700? Are there any more of these out there? Looked like he turned onto US 14 eastbound and there's a place near Minneapolis that rebuilds those tracked carriers, I'll keep an eye out and see if I can catch a better look at this red military bulldog again.

I saw an olive drab CL700 down in Ms. Can't remember the base. was hooked to a 3+3+3 Lowboy. Thinking it was down off of 59. Also saw it going across 40 a year or so later