94 Ch600 Or 613 Rough Running And Stuttering

Primer

Hello! First post here, trying to diagnose a problem with my 1994 CH600(613 on the dash?)

I'm trying to finish up my grain hauling and as of now have to stop due to intermittent rough running, stuttering, and stalling. When it's occurring, it will jump to 1000 or 1200 rpm as though you were quickly stomping on the throttle. Taking off from a stop loaded is the worst, as usually it will stall out during this stuttering. I'm not getting a engine light during this, either. Only when the truck has stalled out do I get one, and then for not very long.

Several years ago(and about 7000-8000km ago) I had to replace both timing sensors in the injection pump to cure a very similar problem. Talking to the localish Mack dealer, he's saying either wiring harness or injection pump.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for the help!

:WELCOME: to the jungle

Out of curiosity when was the last time you changed the fuel filters?

That was the first thing I tried today! I noticed the smaller(primary filtration, I believe) was only half to three quarters full when I removed it. It actually ran worse after doing that, it seemed.

That was the first thing I tried today! I noticed the smaller(primary filtration, I believe) was only half to three quarters full when I removed it. It actually ran worse after doing that, it seemed.

My first thought and relitivly cheap and easy thing to try is repining the vmac plug at the pumpmost mack dealers have the tools for this! Next Check the plug at the fire wall under the wash bottle remove it and check for any green conections and any rubbed wiring!

Then I would say ya need to remove the pump and have the govener end looked at by a qualified pump shop! (semi common problem is the rack sensors inside the pump need replacing)!

Do the pin thing first to varifi the pin thing un plug and replug the vmac plug a half dosen times then try running the truck for a bit and see if the problem has gone! If it has then it is likly the pins causing you greif!

Also when you have the plug apart look at it and see if any of the male ends look brown and heated looking (a good sign of a poor conection)!

Just some stuff to try!