Fuel Restriction

Clowen

Our. 08 Mack came up with fuel restriction on computer and shutdown , changed fuel filters and was fine for the day then re appeared is there contamination in fuel tank or something serious like injector cups how can I tell

Our. 08 Mack came up with fuel restriction on computer and shutdown , changed fuel filters and was fine for the day then re appeared is there contamination in fuel tank or something serious like injector cups how can I tell

MP7, 8, or 10? Check the hand primer pump and make sure it's locked down. If it's not locked down it can allow air into the fuel system. You would need special tools (fittings, attaching screws, pressure gauge, etc.) to check the fuel pressure.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

The truck is an mp8 I checked the primer it is locked down truck was very hard to get running this morning but once running seems fine and smooth, if injector cups are bad would it not run rough? Maybe a weak fuel pump? I'm at a loss here maybe off to nortrux

Yup she's still under warranty,dropped her off & there is three injector cup jobs in front of mine, maybe a problem!!! They want 1500 bucks for the stainless upgrade but atleast you get new injectors as well just wondering what's next? 98000k and can't keep her on the road!!! Thanks for the feedback