Etech Over Heating

bobo

hey my 2000 RB(005519) got hot today and shut down twice! 460 etech/eaton 18spd. tranny temp all day was 200+, idle temp was 190/200+, boost was good 34/35 psi, jake boost psi was down from 20/22 to around 10/12psi. new rad and coolent, oil cooler last year, done bubble test for head gasket/heads, new therstat and rad cap. viscus fan works good. the truck has always over heated. a few months ago the unloaders stuck in the comp. they were gummed up with poop! it builds air ok, but could it be super heating the coolent? it seems to have good flow, is there any way to check the air compressor?(its plumped properly) there does seem to be more oil in wet tank lately. water pump doesnt leak. i dont mind changing the compressor and or water pump, but times have been lean since us steel moved in to canada, by locking the employees out at the mills they bought! any thought??? bobo

hey my 2000 RB(005519) got hot today and shut down twice! 460 etech/eaton 18spd. tranny temp all day was 200+, idle temp was 190/200+, boost was good 34/35 psi, jake boost psi was down from 20/22 to around 10/12psi. new rad and coolent, oil cooler last year, done bubble test for head gasket/heads, new therstat and rad cap. viscus fan works good. the truck has always over heated. a few months ago the unloaders stuck in the comp. they were gummed up with poop! it builds air ok, but could it be super heating the coolent? it seems to have good flow, is there any way to check the air compressor?(its plumped properly) there does seem to be more oil in wet tank lately. water pump doesnt leak. i dont mind changing the compressor and or water pump, but times have been lean since us steel moved in to canada, by locking the employees out at the mills they bought! any thought??? bobo

Pull the charge air cooler.The front of the radiator mostly the middle will be plugged.Had a couple of customers with same problem,they tried t-stats,fan hubs,etc......