Mack Fire Trucks

vision386

Nice!!! So Mark, hows things? We been busy with haulin cement from PA to NY state for these drilling co's (natural gas) they pump it into the fracks after they extract the gas out, so they got me back on the road 3or 4 days a week. Anyway I been usin this 07 Classic I bought with A 515 Detroit an a 18 speed 4.11's WOW what a MONSTER!! she's got 130,000 on her when I bought it off the F-Liner dealer (Horwith) in Northampton PA. The funny thing is....I never drive the new ones I just give em to my guys an say 'heres your new truck now go make us both lunch money!' I still use my 93 Pete 378 with A 450 series 60 DD that I bought new from Cambria Mack/Pete I did the whole truck over about two years ago motor trans. & rears an painted it up she's still a real good runner! OK so thats that! hope all is well! Ernie DS

Hey Ernie,good to hear from you too! same ol same ol here! i got about 18 more loads left on my current contract,workin my ass in the ground! LOL! i have a meeting with the company i load for end of next month,to see about making it a permanent thing.....but the way fuel is right now,i just dont know! i know i gotta ask for more money,bitch part is if fuel wasnt $4.00 gal.i'd be doing pretty decent moneywise! i been real lucky with my truck,but its 10 years old,and in this economy,and all this new EPA bullshit,i aint even THINKING about buying a new truck! might just as well find an old R-model and haul local LOL! anyways,hope all is good with you and yours, have you done anything with the R-model yet? was curious to see how you was makin out?..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mark,

I went out to Nazareth PA to load for tomorrow morning so I don't have get up @ 2am to load in the morning!! Anyway I think I'm gonna do the '66' Brockway 260 that I bought in Feb; first. That truck will be a lot less work, all i have to do is pull the nose off an pressure-wash an maybe sand blast the frame. Then I have to take the cab loose an POR the bottom side of the cab, replace the mounts an re-bolt er down. The inside & outside of the cab on the Brock. is in X/L condition just a little rust under the back an thats it! the doors are all good an rust free as well as the interior of the cab! So I hope I could do it all before Fall comes an save the RL for A winter project,we'll see what happens, we are fightin the cost of fuel also, even with the sur-charge It's killin us!!! an nobody in Washington is speaking out on the price of oil?? Ijust don't #@%^&%$# get it!!! But WE'll just hang in there!!

Ernie DS

Idk if any of you guys with the old Mack pumpers or anybody else interested. There are quite a few Mack pumps in Ga on 95 thinking around the Darien scale. Also got a few Mil trucks and big airport crash trucks. Also there are some R model Cement trucks in Fl on 295 before 10.