Rw Info

bubbamobilin

Came across an RW today for sale. VIN plate was missing on the door. VIN # on the frame is 1M2V121C2C4001201 best I could tell. There was a lot of paint on the frame and I didn't want to take my knife out and rake the paint off with the owner standing there. Owner says the truck is a 1982 but doesn't know the model. Going by just the VIN can anyone give me any further info on this unit?

I hope this will help. The 4 in the vin must be an A, 4 is not an option in that location. This position is for the plant of origin.

1M2V121C2C4001201

1M2 – US PRODUCED INCOMPLETE VEHICLE

V121 – E9 400HP

C – 33001 & UP GVW

2 – CHECK DIGIT

C – 1982

A – ALLENTOWN (4 MUST BE AN A IN THE VIN, 4 IS NOT AN OPTION)

0 – EXTRA CHARACTER (ALWAYS 0)

01201 - SEQUENCE NUMBER

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

That number doesn't come up but 1M2V121C2CM001201 does. Says its an RWS721LST. Build Date 4/8/82. Built with an EM9 400, TRXL1070A transmission, Mack 92/93 series differentials with 5.32 ratio (looks like automatic power divider, no lockout), FAW537C Steer axle, looks like axle mounted steering gear, 3 leaf front springs, and Neway rear air ride suspension.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

That number doesn't come up but 1M2V121C2CM001201 does. Says its an RWS721LST. Build Date 4/8/82. Built with an EM9 400, TRXL1070A transmission, Mack 92/93 series differentials with 5.32 ratio (looks like automatic power divider, no lockout), FAW537C Steer axle, looks like axle mounted steering gear, 3 leaf front springs, and Neway rear air ride suspension.

Thanks for the info. Truck has an EM9 400 acording to the ID plate on the valve cover. Tranny is now a T2090 which raised concerns with me because I didn't think the 20 series were in production in 1982. Suspension is still Neway air but the rears are now a 4:17 ratio. The cab is very rusty in all the usual places for the non galvanized cabs, rockers, corners, drip rail. The truck still looks nice except for the rust. If I can get it bought for the right price it might make a nice piece.