Is Em6 285 Oil Cooler Rebuildable?

if it is how do you get the copper pipe assembly out of the cast iron housing? is there a good way to test the cooler to make sure water isnt getting in the oil or oil in the water? i cant find a shop manual so if anybody has one for sale please e mail me at randytina@pldi.net. thank you

You'll need to remove it from the engine first, remove the end caps, then push the core out. I usually place a wood block under the end without the flange, set the assembly vertically and bump it against the ground so that the core is pushed upwards. You can build a couple of plates and gaskets to bolt onto the oil inlet and outlet ports on top of the housing, one blank, and one with a tapped hole, so that you can pressurize the assembly to check for leaks.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

thank you Rhasler, i cut a round block of 2x4 and that really did the trick. my rebuilt oil cooler passed the pressure test just minutes ago, thank you sir.

You're quite welcome, I forgot to add that the flange end of the core has a small notch cut into it. This is an index mark, it should be pointing up.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"