Small Truck Questions

Mackmann

I'm looking at buying a small hook-lift truck or roll-off. I want it to be under cdl (26k) or if i fine a good deal i would buy a CDL truck. I want a single axle. I been looking at the IHs and FL70s. I leaning more towards the IH for a couple reasons. My buddy is a service manager at Ransom IH and he can hook me up. The one paving company i worked at, has about 6 IHs all small ones like 4200s. They seemed like good trucks with little problems.

I know nothing at all about F-liners. But there seems to be a good amount of them out there for smaller trucks.

Tell me what you know about small trucks. Thanks

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

I been looking at the IHs and FL70s. [snip]

Tell me what you know about small trucks. Thanks

I had a ~32,000 rated FL70 in the 90s and was pretty happy with it. Like you (but with FL) I had friendlies at the local service center. I might have powered or geared it differently if I did it again for the sake of overkill (and today's higher speed limits) but it was totally adequate. I really liked the interior room over the Fords and little Petes though the IH was probably comparable.