Six Rod Suspension

ama60526

Does any body know if the six rod suspension out of say a CLR will fit into a series II Superliner???

Thanks

When you say 6 rod I suspect you have the Renault hub reduction axles on the Renault 6 rod suspension. The frames are the same but I guarantee you will have to drill new holes in the Superliner to bolt it on.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

When you say 6 rod I suspect you have the Renault hub reduction axles on the Renault 6 rod suspension. The frames are the same but I guarantee you will have to drill new holes in the Superliner to bolt it on.

Not to sure what brand it is but You are most likely right in saying Renault. I only have 38's on pedestal So before I take them out to put 44's on eagle claw I thought I would see if the six rod might fit in without to much trouble.

Thanks

Not to sure what brand it is but You are most likely right in saying Renault. I only have 38's on pedestal So before I take them out to put 44's on eagle claw I thought I would see if the six rod might fit in without to much trouble.

Thanks

Good luck in the transplant. I have seen some Superliners with the factory Renault hub reduction axles.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck in the transplant. I have seen some Superliners with the factory Renault hub reduction axles.

it does fit and by the way are you sure its not hedrickson 6 rod?it was a option is aus in clr's me personnally i would stay away from the renault/berliet diffs they are major trouble it cheaper and easier to get a chassi cutoff out off a star than too try and do what you want too.8 grand will get you diffs and all suspension components.

• 3 weeks later...

it does fit and by the way are you sure its not hedrickson 6 rod?it was a option is aus in clr's me personnally i would stay away from the renault/berliet diffs they are major trouble it cheaper and easier to get a chassi cutoff out off a star than too try and do what you want too.8 grand will get you diffs and all suspension components.

Thanks spud. So are you saying it's worth while getting the rear end cut from a western star with six rod and putting that in rather than the mack rear end. I like the idea of the x locks as well. Can never have to much traction