Colonial S&s Autocar Dc103

colonial ss

Does anyone have any pictures of the Autocar DC 103 Mixer that Colonial Sand & Stone used in NYC during the 1960's.I've been searching the internet and can't find any.My dad and his brother drove them for many years,and I would like to give a photo to my uncle on his 95th birthday. Thanks

I've been looking myself for one of those pictures, Hanks has one on his site but it does not have the 15 yd REX Horizontal mixer on it!! I worked for Colonial S&S out of the Newark NJ yard but spent some time in 151st street W 30street Staten Island ask your dad about Dave Pascurelli(Astoria Garage) Bobby Walsh, dispatcher Mario,dispatcher. some of the drivers i remember were a guy Joe Dimaggio (he looked just like him) Johnny Marinara (Johnny Sauce)all from that side of the river, NOW if you look under this topic,other trucks go down to MY FIRST MIXER an that was the very first Concrete Mixer I drove. I had that truck for three years then got a Crane Carrier with a 12 yd Smith HI-BOY Mixer I hope the picture helps

Ernie Delli Santi PS what are your dad & uncles names ?? I still see Bob & Tony DiDiaro who worked over there

I've been looking myself for one of those pictures, Hanks has one on his site but it does not have the 15 yd REX Horizontal mixer on it!! I worked for Colonial S&S out of the Newark NJ yard but spent some time in 151st street W 30street Staten Island ask your dad about Dave Pascurelli(Astoria Garage) Bobby Walsh, dispatcher Mario,dispatcher. some of the drivers i remember were a guy Joe Dimaggio (he looked just like him) Johnny Marinara (Johnny Sauce)all from that side of the river, NOW if you look under this topic,other trucks go down to MY FIRST MIXER an that was the very first Concrete Mixer I drove. I had that truck for three years then got a Crane Carrier with a 12 yd Smith HI-BOY Mixer I hope the picture helps

Ernie Delli Santi PS what are your dad & uncles names ?? I still see Bob & Tony DiDiaro who worked over there

My dad is Mike Gagliardi,and his brothers name is Frank (Barry) Gagliardi.They both worked in the bronx and manhattan for over 30 years.My dad passed away in 1997,but his brother is stll alive and living in tucson az.I went to work with my dad a few time and I was horrifed how crude these trucks were.I will keep looking,if I find any picsI will send them to you. Thanks, Vinny Gagliardi

Guest 45LMSWM

Here's a link to one on Hank's...at the end of the line:

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dpearson/dp_colonial_sand_stone_autocar_dc103.jpg

My brother Dave took this pic, so he wont mind me putting a link to it on here.

If you get the book "Autocar Trucks 1950-1987 Photo Archive" by Robert Gabrick, there is a Colonial DC103 dump in color on the cover. I met Robert at the Friends of Autocar meeting in 2002, and he signed the inside cover of the book for me.

On pages 65 & 66, there are b&w photos of two more Colonial DC103 dumps. One is the same truck as on the cover.

You can buy the book on-line here:

http://www.amazon.com/Autocar-Trucks-1950-1987-Photo-Archive/dp/1583880720

Here's one from the internet:

post-1829-0-94493400-1293679734_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

One of the Ron Adams books, I think its "Autocar Trucks of the 1950's" (vs the 1960's one) also has a photo of one of the Colonial mixers, as well as one of Transit Mix's big Autocars. Both photos are pretty good side or quarter shots.

Edited by 1960 B-81