Engine Stall On A 1998 Mack Ch613 E7 Engine

macon01

One of our guys was driving this truck today when the engine shuts off. The heater and guages were still on. He said it started up again with no trouble. Happened 4 times. Anybody else have a problem like this or have an idea what may cause it? I wondered if it could be the fuel shut off solonoid?

One of our guys was driving this truck today when the engine shuts off. The heater and guages were still on. He said it started up again with no trouble. Happened 4 times. Anybody else have a problem like this or have an idea what may cause it? I wondered if it could be the fuel shut off solonoid?

If Your truck still hass the inline fuel pump on it!I would suspect the fuel pump pins first off !Try unpluging and replugging the fuel pump plug a couple of times and see if this changes your situation!It can possibly be the fuel pump itself but try this first!

If Your truck still hass the inline fuel pump on it!I would suspect the fuel pump pins first off !Try unpluging and replugging the fuel pump plug a couple of times and see if this changes your situation!It can possibly be the fuel pump itself but try this first!

Thanks, I found out some more info: the last time it stalled he started it and the engine raced. He had to shut it off. Started and ran fine the next time. Will try unplugging fuel pump.