B-125 Distributor

Hi,

I'm familiar with diesel engine, but old Mack with a gaz job with dual spark plug is new to me.. are they mounted dual just in case one system fail or they have pre-combustion chamber? any idea where I can find a schematic of how it works? i know how coil and distributor works, but this setup might have little difference.. anyone have a spare distributor for sale? missing rotor parts in mine..

Full Fuel 01

The dual ignition system was a fail safe for firetrucks. Your B125 should have dual Delco distributors and uses AC Delco points, rotor and cap, you can get AC Delco or Echlin from your Napa dealer, or you can buy them from some of the vintage ignition suppliers like the Brillman company. I just switched a B95 to electronic ignition (from Brillman), and used all new cap rotor and electronic ignition. Works great and never have to adjust the points again. John Brillman also makes ignition wiring for any vehicle so if you need replacement ignition wiring, he can also make up exact replacmeent wires for your unit. Brillman's phone number is 540-477-4112. If you want more detail on how to tune up the unit do a search on this website for other posts where I have outlined how to tuneup dual ignition firetrucks,

Firemack