Cruiseliner Cab Lift Cylinder Oil

I have a 1982 Cruiseliner that I just had both cab lift cylinders and lock cylinders rebuilt. Does anyone know what oil I should be putting in the system to lift the cab. When I got the truck the seals were blown out and leaking oil everwhere. The oil that was in it was transmission fluid but I put jack oil in it thinking because it is a jack it would work better. Is this the right fluid or should I use transmission fluid or hydrualic fluid. I don't have the manual (It didnt come with the truck) to look at it.

I have a 1982 Cruiseliner that I just had both cab lift cylinders and lock cylinders rebuilt. Does anyone know what oil I should be putting in the system to lift the cab. When I got the truck the seals were blown out and leaking oil everwhere. The oil that was in it was transmission fluid but I put jack oil in it thinking because it is a jack it would work better. Is this the right fluid or should I use transmission fluid or hydrualic fluid. I don't have the manual (It didnt come with the truck) to look at it.

The current spec for oil on the LEU and MRU is CF-A (MIL-H-5606E). I imagine CF is cab fluid, you can probably find a brand name by searching the military spec given. It is likely that you can use hydraulic oil or other light grade oils safely as well, but don't quote me on that!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"