Air System

paul 111

This is not about a Mack as i could get no replys on other forums, We have a DAF cf 85 430 hp and the engine light , ABS light, air pressure light and big stop light in centre of dash is always on. Done some research in the manual and air pressure light will come on if pressure is too high in turn activating the red stop light on dash, we replaced the air receiver dryer filter which was clogged full of #### and still the pressure is cutting out at 10.5 bar and leaking back down to 8 bar , i dont know wat pressure these european trucks are set at but all others are usually 800 kpa or 8 bar, cant locate governor valve either, i think it is in the receiver dryer , any ideas or know of anyone that may help as we had kenworth and electricians look at it and still no good and sorry to get off the mack subject everybody

Are you sure it's an actual mechanical problem causing the lights to stay on?

The fact that ABS, air pressure, and stop light are all on at the same time and refuse to go out even though the truck is operating satisfactorily suggests to me an electrical problem in the warning light circuit.

I must say I am not familiar with a DAF, so this is just based on my experience with American made trucks.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Truck runs perfect, according to handbook in truck the central warning stop lamp will only come on if

.overvoltage

.air pressure system too low

.coolant temp too high

.oil pressure too low

.cab not locked

Light is always on as soon as engine is started along with ABS, engine and air light.

Truck runs perfect, according to handbook in truck the central warning stop lamp will only come on if

.overvoltage

.air pressure system too low

.coolant temp too high

.oil pressure too low

.cab not locked

Light is always on as soon as engine is started along with ABS, engine and air light.

What does "cab not locked" mean? Is it a safety switch to ensure the cab is locked down after tilting?

Try to locate the switch, its is most likely located somewhere within the rear cab mounts/lock mechanism. Make sure its is working properly, and also be sure to check if it has more than one lock safety switch. If the switch(es) has two wires try shorting them with a jumper and see if the lights go out.

Off all the above listed conditions are not present then something else is wrong. Check the voltage at the battery, it should be about 24-28 volts. 8 bar is 116 PSI which is within the standards for North American trucks but I cant tell you what the standard for a Euro truck is. The gorvenor is probably integrated into the dryer/distribution module, that is a popular design for Euro brake systems.

These two; .coolant temp too high & oil pressure too low would show up on the bash display. That is one thing about the Euro trucks that bugs me, barely any gauges, only idiot lights. True some trucks have a fancy LCD display but I don't know if they can display all of the engine and drive line parameters.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!