Em6-250 Vs. Endt675

First off, let me introduce myself.

My name is Jim and I live about an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA. While I don't have a Bulldog to call my own, I currently drive an '81 R685T with just under 1.4 million miles that's in better shape than many trucks out there that are 20 years newer. The truck runs 4-5 days a week and on any given day might be found in PA, OH, MI, IN, MD, VA, WV,DE, eastern KY or western NY.

I've been a fan of Bulldogs since I was 9 and my Dad let me sit behind the wheel of an early U600. I spent the next several years of summer vacations riding shotgun (many times with a milk crate for a seat :o ) in a number of B,R,U,F models. The company he worked for even had a BCR. While I like them all, The R, U, and F series are my personal favorites.

Getting back to the original question:

Are the ENDT675 and the EM6-250 the same engine with different model numbers, or were there major changes made?

The plate on the engine says 250 gross hp @ 2300 rpm, so I just assumed :pat: was a 237.

Jim

Jim

Well, they share the same block, but the injectors, turbo, pump and maybe the pistons are different in order to produce a bit more horsepower over the 675 (237). Most gaskets, etc...are interchangable between a 237 & 250...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Well, they share the same block, but the injectors, turbo, pump and maybe the pistons are different in order to produce a bit more horsepower over the 675 (237).  Most gaskets, etc...are interchangable between a 237 & 250...

I thought there might have been more to it than a name change. Thanks for the reply.

Jim

Jim