Std Vs Heavy Spec

Hey folks,

I am looking at a 2004 Vision. It has the E7 460 with an 18 speed. It is a heavy spec truck with 14,600 front/46,000 rear. Assuming cab/sleeper is the same, how much heavier is this truck than a standard 12K/40K spec truck? The frame is a heavy single also.

Thanks for the help!!

Bill

Hey folks,

I am looking at a 2004 Vision. It has the E7 460 with an 18 speed. It is a heavy spec truck with 14,600 front/46,000 rear. Assuming cab/sleeper is the same, how much heavier is this truck than a standard 12K/40K spec truck? The frame is a heavy single also.

Thanks for the help!!

Bill

Much of the weight difference will depend on whether or not it has Mack components. It sounds like it would be a little heavier than most fleet spec trucks, and, assuming that it is, I would guess that it would be slightly heavier. The front axle will probably be the same beam as the 12K version with heavier springs and maybe different hubs (due to larger wheel bearing sizes). On the driver's door of that truck I think there should be a certification of the chassis weight.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"