A Beautiful Haiku

rhasler

My uncle mack (really) was a master plumber for about 50 years,when he hired a new apprentice this was always his advise......the only three things you need to know about plumbing is this.........1) "Shit don't flow uphill"

2) "Don't bite your fingernails"

3) "Friday is payday".............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My uncle mack (really) was a master plumber for about 50 years,when he hired a new apprentice this was always his advise......the only three things you need to know about plumbing is this.........1) "Shit don't flow uphill"

2) "Don't bite your fingernails"

3) "Friday is payday".............................Mark

Those are some truly astute observations. Tradesmen always seem to have a way of getting right to the point. I bow before your uncle's wisdom, luckily I was uphill, I didn't bite my fingernails, and Friday was payday, so I had money for supplies.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Drains suck. My father was smart ehough to purchase a real electric decent drain snake with about 75 feet of cable. I have had to snake out our drain a few times due to roots, grandmothers house (ugh) and my friend paid me to bring it to his house and snake his drain (double ugh). It is a shitty job that is for sure. A friend of mine did sewer and drain cleaning, he made a killing. He was contracted to a company that was just a middle man, he got the job through his father who worked for them. Within a few years he became their top man surpassing his father (who was happy as he was ready to retire) and brought home anywhere from 100 to 150 thousand a year! He had a calender in his room that showed in different color ink money whe made if cash or check and side jobs. I once saw a week end number of $5200 something (that was the money that went into his pocket)! By age 26 he paid off his first house and was buying a summer retreat. unfortunately he passed is a car crash.

One seriously underrated job.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Drains suck. My father was smart ehough to purchase a real electric decent drain snake with about 75 feet of cable. I have had to snake out our drain a few times due to roots, grandmothers house (ugh) and my friend paid me to bring it to his house and snake his drain (double ugh). It is a shitty job that is for sure. A friend of mine did sewer and drain cleaning, he made a killing. He was contracted to a company that was just a middle man, he got the job through his father who worked for them. Within a few years he became their top man surpassing his father (who was happy as he was ready to retire) and brought home anywhere from 100 to 150 thousand a year! He had a calender in his room that showed in different color ink money whe made if cash or check and side jobs. I once saw a week end number of $5200 something (that was the money that went into his pocket)! By age 26 he paid off his first house and was buying a summer retreat. unfortunately he passed is a car crash.

One seriously underrated job.

Sorry to hear that. It's definitely underrated until you need it done, but when the toilet backs up you'll pay just about any price! After knocking a whole in the cleanout with a rental snake, I got tired of going to the rental places to rent one and then having to rush to get done with it, so I bought a 100' x 3/8" motorized snake. Didn't feel too bad about having to do the job anyway (it allowed my mind to wander into places it hasn't gone in awhile), as it gave me time to compose this beautiful piece of poetry!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"