F Model Vs R Model Radiator

ducky698

Hi, I think i may have asked this before? is an F model and R model the same radiator size?

and is F model and R model bottom radiator mounts the same?

Grant

Hi Grant - The radiator on the Australian FR was narrower and taller than the early R Model with about the same surface area. The FR that I had used a soldered top and bottom tanks instead of the bolted tank of the R Model. The bottom mounts appeared to be the same. I don't know what the earlier F models, with the crossover steering had in them. The later Econodyne had a different radiator, more like the FR.-Best regards - Michael.

Hi Grant - The radiator on the Australian FR was narrower and taller than the early R Model with about the same surface area. The FR that I had used a soldered top and bottom tanks instead of the bolted tank of the R Model. The bottom mounts appeared to be the same. I don't know what the earlier F models, with the crossover steering had in them. The later Econodyne had a different radiator, more like the FR.-Best regards - Michael.

Hello, thankyou, the FR i had was 1975, it did not have the cross over steer. I was told by a radiator shop they were the same, how ever it is now bolted into truck and um sits very very high, I think if it fits under the hood I will be lucky. thats what is worrying me. I think the radiator shop got it wrong.

Grant

Hi grant - The old FR radiator that I have here would be too high by about 3 or 4 inches to fit under the bonnet.- Michael.

Hi, thats about what I had measured to. yet when you look at pics of an 866 in an r model, as well as mine, I dont know how the radiator would be much lower as the fan is at the top of the core any way.

Grant