Air To Dog Trailer

Barry 10

I am trying to hook air up to dog trailer and not able to get air through to rear of truck. I have put a new valve half way down chassis to supply both lines, because existing valve had seals etc that were no longer useful/serviceable.

Is anyone able to advise where to look next.....please

Thanks Barry 10

Do you mean brake air? I had the same problem on my 84 until i pushed the trailer supply button on the dash, I assumed the air would already be there as it was plumbed up for a tag trailer when i bought the truck. If thats not the problem i will go take some pics of how mine is setup for you.

Do you mean brake air? I had the same problem on my 84 until i pushed the trailer supply button on the dash, I assumed the air would already be there as it was plumbed up for a tag trailer when i bought the truck. If thats not the problem i will go take some pics of how mine is setup for you.

Thanks for that, yes I do mean brake air, and today I shall look for a 'trailer supply button', although can't picture where that may be on the dash.. again thanks and at the end of the day I'll let you know how I've progressed.

I am guessing you are new to trucks. If you are from the Land Down Under, it should be a red octagonal or round dash knob (possibly even black). If your truck was never plumbed for a trailer then adding the plumbing will take a bit of effort to get working properly. Do not tap into the trucks brake lines, you can put yourself in a seriously dangerous situation if the trailer lines leak, come loose or the trailer breaks away. You wont have any brakes.

What model and year is your truck? From there we can help you solve your problem.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Im guessing you truck is the same as mine so here are some pics of the valve and supply button, i dont know weather all macks are the same but i have to push this in to supply the trailer unlike my old bosses mercedes where there was always air at the duomatic at the rear.post-3922-029875900 1280815043_thumb.jpgpost-3922-099107200 1280815136_thumb.jpg

Im guessing you truck is the same as mine so here are some pics of the valve and supply button, i dont know weather all macks are the same but i have to push this in to supply the trailer unlike my old bosses mercedes where there was always air at the duomatic at the rear.post-3922-029875900 1280815043_thumb.jpgpost-3922-099107200 1280815136_thumb.jpg

Hi, european trucks usually dont have a seperate button on dash, well atleast volvos dont, for the trailer brakes. where is that valve located on your truck?

Grant

Hi, european trucks usually dont have a seperate button on dash, well atleast volvos dont, for the trailer brakes. where is that valve located on your truck?

Grant

The valve is inside the right hand chassis rail just above the front drive axlepost-3922-051879800 1280864486_thumb.jpg