Red Cirle X Warning Light

Was driving my truck today when a red light and a buzzer came on for about one second. then dissappeared. Every thing was normal for the balance of the day. I check all the guages at the time and they were all normal.

That is the engine shutdown indicator. It should only come on for low oil pressure, high coolant temperature, low coolant level, high transmission temperature, and high pyrometer. If everything was ok then you may have an electrical problem, but it sounds like maybe the coolant level is a little low a sloshed away from the sensor contacts. That's where I would start checking. Did the EML (lightning bolt) come on at the same time?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

• 9 years later...

You can perform a Blink Code Method for reading the diagnostic fault code. The lightning bolt flashses a two digit blink code for each fault in the system. Its a quick and easy way to get the blink code, here are the steps:

1. Turn the key to the ON position and wait a few seconds.

2. Make sure your speed control switch is in the OFF position.

3. Press the SET/DECEL switch for a second until the lightning starts blinking.

4. The lightning bolt will start blinking, count the number of blinks before there is a 1 second pause, then count the next set of blinks. The number of flasses before and after the pause will determine the diagnostic code. For example: 1-3 or 4-2, or 9-3. 

You can easily google search your fault code once you have the blink code numbers, if not just come back to the forum and i'll look them up for you and try to give some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

• 1 month later...