Help Needed Mack Granit 460

stanisicb

I have a mack granite 460 dump truck and with the load on on freeway i am having a hard time getting up to 60 mph and after maintaining the speed, my exhust temp goes up to 8 sometimes 9, and oil temp sometimes to 220, coolant runs arround 190, guys please help me out thank you

I have a mack granite 460 dump truck and with the load on on freeway i am having a hard time getting up to 60 mph and after maintaining the speed, my exhust temp goes up to 8 sometimes 9, and oil temp sometimes to 220, coolant runs arround 190, guys please help me out thank you

Those readings look ok. Do you have an active fault? Is the EML (lightning bolt) on?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

thanks guys, no check engine light, no codes, the truck is 2004 and its good 500000 km which is arround 320000 miles, can it be reprogrammed? has anyone done it?

That would be my suggestion. Take it to a dealership and have them get the most current software and datafiles enabled by Mack. You might have them check the programmed parameters to make sure everything is right. That shouldn't cost too much since no parts are involved. Did you buy it used? If so, did you change the application the truck is used in? A truck spec'd for highway service may not perform adequately for vocational use. Being an AI the truck should be set up for vocational applications, but people sometimes do strange things when spec'ing trucks.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

That would be my suggestion. Take it to a dealership and have them get the most current software and datafiles enabled by Mack. You might have them check the programmed parameters to make sure everything is right. That shouldn't cost too much since no parts are involved. Did you buy it used? If so, did you change the application the truck is used in? A truck spec'd for highway service may not perform adequately for vocational use. Being an AI the truck should be set up for vocational applications, but people sometimes do strange things when spec'ing trucks.

i guess ill take it to mack, i didnt buy it brand new but the previous owner was doing the pretty much same thing, thanks alot guys.