Bosch Fuel Pump

GLW

Hi

Can any one give me a proceedure for removing a Bosch Electronic contolled pump from engine of 93 CH613 {believe E7 350] to have it repaired.It appears there are a couple spots it could be split from engine but I assume only one that works.

Thanks for now.

Hi

Can any one give me a proceedure for removing a Bosch Electronic contolled pump from engine of 93 CH613 {believe E7 350] to have it repaired.It appears there are a couple spots it could be split from engine but I assume only one that works.

Thanks for now.

Welcome to the site!

You simply unbolt it from the fuel pump end!First you need to set the engine on its static timing mark on the fly wheel veiwed thru the six hole small plate on the bottom.You remove the timing event marker on the side of the fuel pump (single two wire plug) and peer in the hole there should be a wide blade screwdriver looking tab if its not there you need to turn the engine 180 deg and look again once you have that tab dead center in the timing event marker hole and the engine on the timing mark typicly 7 Deg you can safely remove the pump removing the 3 bolts holding it on!

Welcome to the site!

You simply unbolt it from the fuel pump end!First you need to set the engine on its static timing mark on the fly wheel veiwed thru the six hole small plate on the bottom.You remove the timing event marker on the side of the fuel pump (single two wire plug) and peer in the hole there should be a wide blade screwdriver looking tab if its not there you need to turn the engine 180 deg and look again once you have that tab dead center in the timing event marker hole and the engine on the timing mark typicly 7 Deg you can safely remove the pump removing the 3 bolts holding it on!

Welcome to the site!

There are actually four bolts between pump and first cast section which is fastened to next section which I believe contains some sort of timing advance system. Not there right now but I think three bolts between these two. Loosening the four bolts between aluminum pump and first cast iron section does not seem to loosen pump at all.

Thanks Peter

There are actually four bolts between pump and first cast section which is fastened to next section which I believe contains some sort of timing advance system. Not there right now but I think three bolts between these two. Loosening the four bolts between aluminum pump and first cast iron section does not seem to loosen pump at all.

Thanks Peter

I beleive there are three ,If you take it off at the 4 bolts it will hang up on the hub inside!There is one real long one on the bottom 6 - 8 inches and two shorter ones 3-4 inch on the top 13 or 15 mil heads can't remember sizes.The timing advance stays on the engine.the first little section stays with the pump.There is a loose or floating coupling inside.

I beleive there are three ,If you take it off at the 4 bolts it will hang up on the hub inside!There is one real long one on the bottom 6 - 8 inches and two shorter ones 3-4 inch on the top 13 or 15 mil heads can't remember sizes.The timing advance stays on the engine.the first little section stays with the pump.There is a loose or floating coupling inside.

Thanks Again

Saved me a lot of problems.