1994 Mack Cv713 Dump Truck E9 18Speed ...clutch Brake Is Out

you should be able to see what is left of your clutch brake when you take down the inspection cover at the bottom of the bellhousing. If there is still brake material left on the brake disk, all you have to do is adjust the clutch fork so that it travels farther. Usually on Macks you adjust the fork at the top of the bellcrank that the clutch cable connects to on the side of the transmission. Once you've got it adjusted so that you can feel the brake engage when the pedal is about an inch off the floor, all you have to do is make sure you have freeplay in the clutch pedal. If you don't have enough, you adjust freeplay on the clutch pressure plate. If your clutch brake is completely wiped out you can replace it without pulling the transmission. You will have to carefully cut off the old one (I've done it with a torch, but it's not a lot of fun!) and you can replace it with a two piece clutch brake that wraps around the pilot shaft and pins together.

• 3 weeks later...

you should be able to see what is left of your clutch brake when you take down the inspection cover at the bottom of the bellhousing. If there is still brake material left on the brake disk, all you have to do is adjust the clutch fork so that it travels farther. Usually on Macks you adjust the fork at the top of the bellcrank that the clutch cable connects to on the side of the transmission. Once you've got it adjusted so that you can feel the brake engage when the pedal is about an inch off the floor, all you have to do is make sure you have freeplay in the clutch pedal. If you don't have enough, you adjust freeplay on the clutch pressure plate. If your clutch brake is completely wiped out you can replace it without pulling the transmission. You will have to carefully cut off the old one (I've done it with a torch, but it's not a lot of fun!) and you can replace it with a two piece clutch brake that wraps around the pilot shaft and pins together.

Thanks for the information, you nailed it right on the head, it was an easy fix, the clutch brake was setting on the inspection cover when we pulled it off. I'm assuming, being a rookie, I engaged the brake while driving. Live and learn, thanks for the help its greatly apreciated.