New Info About Specs For A Truck.

HELLO TO ALL MY FELLOW MACK TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS. HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2010.

TODAY I RECEIVED THE NOTICE THAT MY LAID-OFF PERIOD IN MY CURRENT JOB WAS CONVERTED TO AN UNEMPLOYED STATUS. I WILL NOT COME BACK TO THE JOB SITE. MY CONTRACT WAS NOT RENEWED.

I AM GOING TO STUDY AND APPLY FOR A GOVERMENTGRANT FOR STARTING OR MAKING MY OWN COMPANY. THE EXPERIENCES AT MY PREVIOUS JOB (MUNICIPAL GOVERMENT)LEAD ME TO AN IDEA FOR MY COMPANY.

I WANT TO START A FLEET MANTAINANCE COMPANY.

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF TRUCKS WILL I NEED TO DO ON-SITE REPAIR SERVICES.

ANY HELP WILL BE APRECIATED.

HERE IS SOME IDEA OF THE KIND OF TRUCK I WOULD LIKE TO SPEC.

80847618.jpg

FOUND IT ON THE FLEET MANTAINANCE /SERVICE TRUCK SECTION ON TRUCKPAPER.COM

CAN A TRUCK BODY LIKE THAT BE ORDERED WITH A HYDRAULIC BOOM LIFT (WRECKER??)

Happy new year back.

Sorry that you are now truly unemployed.

Do you plan on doing JUST maint. work (oil changes, grease)? or want to go REPAIR?

If just service, a box van with IBC tote of engine oil Waste tank, grease barrel and air comp. would be a good start.

If you can land a large company and then get all filters on hand ($$$$) you can be draining one and refilling another at the same time. Find service intervals and oil types they prefer.

You have to show how you can save them money while still providing quality.

If you can show them experience and proper training, they may take you on.

Many years ago, I thought of doing the same for Heavy equipment, but the contactor I was going to target turned out to be a deadbeat for money (not mine)

I looked into a Ryder moving truck, small one with the storage over the cab for filter storage.

Blah, blah blah...... Good luck Ed

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian