Another Air Tank Question

ducky698

Hi, I have found an air starter tank from a CH Mack, its 58inches long and 15 inches in diameter, where exactly does this sit? i know it sits inside the chassis, but where?

Grant

Ducky that would most likley be just an air tank.

I think all the CH macks, at least all the ones i have seen were electric start

All the start tanks were up near the fuel tanks on the out side...........

the air tanks go either side behind the gearbox or where ever they will fit....Mark

where exactly does this sit?

As close to the starter as possible. I have seen them mounted behind the fuel tanks, in front of the fuel tank on the drivers side (right hand drive). Some companies here in the US have mounted a long small diameter tank vertically behind the cab( the now defunct CF comes to mind). Keep the hose short and you will have less problems.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

As close to the starter as possible. I have seen them mounted behind the fuel tanks, in front of the fuel tank on the drivers side (right hand drive). Some companies here in the US have mounted a long small diameter tank vertically behind the cab( the now defunct CF comes to mind). Keep the hose short and you will have less problems.

Hi, this is a proper cf starter tank that goes undernieth, will snap a pic today, I have all the brackets, but nothing seems to fit any where, have pulled all the brackets off it now and will have a go fitting it up there, it sits close to tail shaft tho.

Grant

Hi, this is a proper cf starter tank that goes undernieth, will snap a pic today, I have all the brackets, but nothing seems to fit any where, have pulled all the brackets off it now and will have a go fitting it up there, it sits close to tail shaft tho.

Grant

Grant, for some reason my brain mixed up your tank dimensions. So 168 liters then? Little small for an air start tank, they are usually 227 liters and up. Those tank dimensions sound like it belongs right behind the fuel tanks along the frame rail.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Grant, for some reason my brain mixed up your tank dimensions. So 168 liters then? Little small for an air start tank, they are usually 227 liters and up. Those tank dimensions sound like it belongs right behind the fuel tanks along the frame rail.

Hello, i havent checked the litres, the one that sits on outside, thats 227Litres is it? pic attached of this one, its come from a ch

Grant

post-2194-12610583745746_thumb.jpg