3-spring Suspension = Good Or Bad ?

I just bought a old R-400 tandem and it has a 3-spring rear suspension that i never had any dealings with in my experience a a diesel mechanic, I was wonder if any of you more seasoned mechanics out there know if its a good set up for a small tandem dump body application. I am going with a 13-14 foot body and looking to gross out at 54000 lbs. I think it has 38000 rears, I just got it and havnt looked at all my tags or markings yet. It is a full double frame and has a 237 with a quad box 18 spd. trans. Just looking for a opnion on this suspension set up i got. Thanx :bulldog1:

I just bought a old R-400 tandem and it has a 3-spring rear suspension that i never had any dealings with in my experience a a diesel mechanic, I was wonder if any of you more seasoned mechanics out there know if its a good set up for a small tandem dump body application. I am going with a 13-14 foot body and looking to gross out at 54000 lbs. I think it has 38000 rears, I just got it and havnt looked at all my tags or markings yet. It is a full double frame and has a 237 with a quad box 18 spd. trans. Just looking for a opnion on this suspension set up i got. Thanx :bulldog1:

Should be allright ,we run one in a 685s no problems so far it has around 470K miles and is a triaxle grossing close to 58K and we have an 86 with the 3 spring setup no problems so far-Kevin McCune