Rear Alignment

macattack

i noticed my front dr side rear tandem is in about 2 inches more than the others. i noticed my insulator pad on that side is worn, not sure if both upper and lower pads are worn but one for sure. would this cause the misalignment. i am gonna replace both pads. the other 3 tires seem fine.

i will try to get a pic, but not too sure if it will show up.

i also noticed i have only on trans torque rod, and its on the rear rear axle. should there be one on the front rear axle also? rite now there is a rod going inbetween the 2 axles and one from the rear axle to the frame.

i noticed my front dr side rear tandem is in about 2 inches more than the others. i noticed my insulator pad on that side is worn, not sure if both upper and lower pads are worn but one for sure. would this cause the misalignment. i am gonna replace both pads. the other 3 tires seem fine.

i will try to get a pic, but not too sure if it will show up.

i also noticed i have only on trans torque rod, and its on the rear rear axle. should there be one on the front rear axle also? rite now there is a rod going inbetween the 2 axles and one from the rear axle to the frame.

It can be a number of things

Worn pads, worn trunion bushings can cause the rears to walk. also bad control rods can add to them walking more. do the springs slide side to side? It could also be a bad end cap that has let a spring wear into the metal.

The 2 control rods (one from the top of each diff housing to the trunion/crossmember) hold the diffs upright and control the torque input from the driveshafts.

the 1 control rod on the rear rear diff is there to help hold the axels from walking. All the trucks I have seen had only one of these rods and it was on the rear rear axel. If this rod is worn out it will also cause the axels to walk. that rod was intended to help keep the axels in place on hard turns.

Trent

It can be a number of things

Worn pads, worn trunion bushings can cause the rears to walk. also bad control rods can add to them walking more. do the springs slide side to side? It could also be a bad end cap that has let a spring wear into the metal.

The 2 control rods (one from the top of each diff housing to the trunion/crossmember) hold the diffs upright and control the torque input from the driveshafts.

the 1 control rod on the rear rear diff is there to help hold the axels from walking. All the trucks I have seen had only one of these rods and it was on the rear rear axel. If this rod is worn out it will also cause the axels to walk. that rod was intended to help keep the axels in place on hard turns.

Trent

thanks trent.

i will dig into it a little deeper and see whats going on. but i know for sure the one insulator pad has let go from its pin. good place to start.

thanks again