Nice Turnip Patch

other dog

Went to Cumberland to see Ma and them today. I got a few turnips out of Dad's turnip patch, some broccoli, tomatoes, and 3 bottles of homemade wine. He had some nice turnips too! I've never had any luck growing them-I'd buy enough turnip seeds to plant 4,000 acres and sow them in a little garden spot and usually about 7 of them would come up. Here's what I made off with today-

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Man them tomaters are looking mighty good! The best tomatoes are home grown ones especially out in Virginia! You wouldn't happen to have any corn liquor in there would ya? B)

no corn liquor, but the wine was-I mean is-delicious! Probably the last home grown tomatoes for the year, mine have been gone but they still had a few they brought in green, before the frost got 'em. They also gave me a couple packages of short ribs out of the freezer (my brother raises a few cows and had one butchered this summer). Might put some turnips in the crock pot with some of the ribs. I'm making myself hungry-better have some leftover turkey and green beans.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.