Gearbox Change Problem

felix

hi all, i need advise please, i recently changed gearbox on my mack from twin stick box to ten speed air shift mack box, gears working great but to my dismay now i find oil leaking out of bell houseing. does anyone have any info? could air be bi passing on selector and pushing oil out the main shaft seal?

hi all, i need advise please, i recently changed gearbox on my mack from twin stick box to ten speed air shift mack box, gears working great but to my dismay now i find oil leaking out of bell houseing. does anyone have any info? could air be bi passing on selector and pushing oil out the main shaft seal?

Yes, there could be air pressure pushing the oil past the front seal, or the front seal may simply be worn out or damaged allowing oil to leak out without an internal air leak.

You say you just installed that transmission, did you replace the input shaft seal before installing the trans?

Also check the breather on top of the transmission to make sure it isn't plugged up. A plugged breather could allow pressure to build up inside the trans when it gets hot, forcing oil out.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"