How To Flush Out A Mack 237 Radiator?

monty

Hi Fellas.

Just wanted to ask all you smart and knowledgeable blokes what is the best way of flushing and cleaning the coolant/water out of the radiator and engine block.

I have been told to get it hot flush the old water out, fill it up again with some radiator cleaner get it hot again then flush it out and fill it up with the mack premix lime cordial, i can get the Mack cordial at cost so that healps with the $$ also i would think that it would also be a good idea to put in a new water filter

-Monty ;)

Hi Fellas.

Just wanted to ask all you smart and knowledgeable blokes what is the best way of flushing and cleaning the coolant/water out of the radiator and engine block.

I have been told to get it hot flush the old water out, fill it up again with some radiator cleaner get it hot again then flush it out and fill it up with the mack premix lime cordial, i can get the Mack cordial at cost so that healps with the $$ also i would think that it would also be a good idea to put in a new water filter

-Monty ;)

Hi Monty and all. This is the way that I have always flushed the Block/Radiator on all the trucks and machines. First of all take the radiator cap off, then take out the drain tap on the side of the block or the tap on the Brass pipe on the lower Mack hose and replace it with a quick release hose fitting. Then you can put your garden hose onto that fitting and flush it out the top. After you have flushed it for a while, pull the water hose off and plug an air pressure hose in place of it for a quick blast. It will lift a lot of rubbish out. Keep alternating the hoses until it is clear. This method is good if you have oil in the radiator as it pushes it out the top. The old treatment we used to use was a handful of washing soda in the radiator and run it hot for an hour, flush it out till it is clear, then change the filter. Best regards - Michael.