Looking For H-63 Info.

Hi all,

I'm looking for any information on Mack's H-63 model. I received some information from the Mack museum on mine but am looking for any detailed information that I can get ahold of about that particular model. Since I am in the process of restoring mine and plan on keeping her for a long time, I'd like to learn as much about this model as possible. if anybody has information, pics, literature or is just an H-63 Guru, please let me know. The only thing I've found on the net is production #'s from 54' to 58'. I'd also like to start a registry for all of the H models. Let me know, thanks.

Tony

Hi all,

I'm looking for any information on Mack's H-63 model. I received some information from the Mack museum on mine but am looking for any detailed information that I can get ahold of about that particular model. Since I am in the process of restoring mine and plan on keeping her for a long time, I'd like to learn as much about this model as possible. if anybody has information, pics, literature or is just an H-63 Guru, please let me know. The only thing I've found on the net is production #'s from 54' to 58'. I'd also like to start a registry for all of the H models. Let me know, thanks.

Tony

tony i have a complete running gear for a 58 h model in montana if you know anyone looking for one

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Tony

tony

im looking to build an h-series from scratch. could you please send me some pictures.more the better

tony

im looking to build an h-series from scratch. could you please send me some pictures.more the better

It's great to hear, we need more of these trucks on the site. There is only three registered on here if I'm correct. Mine is pretty much stripped down to next to nothing now. I have some older pics of it and some that a few guys have sent me. It's hard to find any info on these H models, especially the H-63. I've seen a few H-67's for sale on here, I think there was one posted a few weeks ago down in Georgia. I'm in california and they're non-existent out here. They've changed this site and I'm re-learning how to go through it. I have some pics posted in my gallery if you can figure out how to check them out. I've posted atleast thirty or so but I can't figure out how to go through the pages to check them all out, that's changed too. I found a 57' H-63 cab in Denver for sale a few months ago. The thing was all there and in great shape, only $400. I called the guy and he told me he had crushed it two days earlier. That sucks cause mine has alot of rust issues. I have to replace all kinds of sheetmetal and the floor. I'm in the process of doing that right now. There is a guy in Ohio that has a complete running gear, moter running only missing the cab that he'll sell for 2,000 I think. Also vanscottbuilders on this site has a 56' H-63 that would be a good project. He was interested in selling it a few months ago. Thinking he wanted $2,500 for it and it was complete. Also go to bradsclassictrucks. He has an H-63 that's really rough for sale. He has some good pics on some H models he has restored. Go to youtube and punch in mack H-63. Brad restored a 54' H-63 and there is a short video of it, it's an awesome truck. Keep in touch and I'll try to hunt down some pics for you, go H models owners. Going to try to get an H model registry on here, we H model guys need to stick together. These were some of the rarest models and hardly any are still around. Only 4,091 H-63's were built from 54'-58' and a little over 6k H-67's.

Slightly off topic, but still having to do with H models:

When I lived back east, in Stamford CT, there were 2 concrete companies in town that had fleets of H81's.

Genovese Industries and Telesco Ready Mix.

Some were set up as mixers, and some were set up as block trucks.

They had END 673 engines, quadruplex trans and 55,000 lb. Mack rears on camelback.

Maybe someone who has some pics of them will see this and post them.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Hi Tony

H62/63 are not unknow here in California, just rare. I have one Ed Dilginins has one, and there are a few others here and there. I am south of you in Riverside, and Ed is South of me in San Diego. Mine is a 62. The 62 has the same body as the 63 but came with a gas engine. Mine has some history. Was originally a 3 axle rig with Mack gas engine. Prior to original delivery Mack gasser was removed and a Hall Scott gas engine installed. I guess the Hall Scott spent a lot of time refueling, becausse they had the dealer install a Mack ENDT 673 turbo engine, the stock engine for the H63. So I now have a H62 badged essentially H63 Mack. Unfortunatly someone removed the twin screw from the truck and it is now single rear axle. There were only 64 H62's produced and less than a handfull, of 3 axle 62's. This has been a great runner for me over the last 20 years. I am currently experiencing an electrical issue. The 24/12 solenoid or some other electric issue is preventing it from starting. If you get down this way call and can show you the Mack. We are in Riverside.