Need Info On Some Old Companies

Guest 45LMSWM

Guest 45LMSWM

Anyone out there have any information about the following companies?

1. Syracuse Rigging Co., Syracuse, NY

2. William F. Hegarty Inc., Hanover/Whippany, NJ

3. The Forest Company, Mechanicsburg, PA

4. Gaskill Construction Co., Riverside/Delran, NJ

All four of these companies were owners of my 1945 Mack LMSWM and I am looking for info on these companies to try and piece together the truck's history.

Thanks in advance,

John Pearson

post-1829-1250055614_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hello

I was just doing some googleing and saw your post, so I figured I would register and see what you needed as far as info. My grandfather started William F. Hegarty inc. My father took the company over about 25 years ago, so I can ask him anything you may have a question about.

Let me know

James Hegarty

Guest 45LMSWM

Hello

I was just doing some googleing and saw your post, so I figured I would register and see what you needed as far as info. My grandfather started William F. Hegarty inc. My father took the company over about 25 years ago, so I can ask him anything you may have a question about.

Let me know

James Hegarty

James,

Thanks for the reply. I was actually kind of shocked when we started stripping the paint off the doors and found your grandfather's name on there,(William Hegarty...Whippany, NJ). My boss has a 1967 Autocar that was his as well, so it was interesting to know we had two trucks sitting side by side at the time that once worked for the same company. I am familiar with some of his other trucks as well, like the '53 Sterling he had.

I guess my biggest question was how he wound up with it and when. I was told Syracuse had the truck until 1969, but I dont think that is possible. Your grandfather appears to have been the third owner and then it went it to the Forest Co. The Forest Co. had the lowboy trailer listed for sale in 1963. So its kind of a mystery.

Any information you have would be great. I only have a few pictures of the truck during its working life, so if you would happen to have any of it, that would be great too.

Thanks again,

John Pearson