Dm Cab Replacement In Pa

Hey Yall. New to the forums and was curious about what I may run into. The truck in question is a 1990 DM 800 that needs a new cab. I have a U model cab that is in great shape for a donor. just wondering what the Penn dot my say about the cabs being from different models? I have the title to the U and DM. Thanks for any insight. Jakes

Edited by jakesbrakes

Hey Yall. New to the forums and was curious about what I may run into. The truck in question is a 1990 DM 800 that needs a new cab. I have a U model cab that is in great shape for a donor. just wondering what the Penn dot my say about the cabs being from different models? I have the title to the U and DM. Thanks for any insight. Jakes

As long as you put the ID plate with the DM800 VIN on the new cab how would they ever know?

Since a U model has a fiberglass hood, and the DM800 has a steel hood and fenders, you'll have to transfer those fender attachment parts, and that fender piece that attaches next to the air cleaner

from the old cab to the new cab, and you'll have to drill the cowl for the hood center strip attachment.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"