L-model Rear Cab Panels, Any Interest?

There is some interest in having rear cab panels and rocker panels for L-model cabs reproduced. The sheetmetal shop feels that the rear panel can be made available for approximately $600.00. Shipping, delivery or pickup will be at actual cost from Eastern Pennsylvania. Please advise if there is an interest as there is a minimum of 10 order and we don't need quite that many.

These panels from Mack and the last reproductions available are history. This may be the opportunity you needed to get that rear cab panel that is so often rusted out and dented.

Please post your interest. Thanks, Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 months later...

There is some interest in having rear cab panels and rocker panels for L-model cabs reproduced. The sheetmetal shop feels that the rear panel can be made available for approximately $600.00. Shipping, delivery or pickup will be at actual cost from Eastern Pennsylvania. Please advise if there is an interest as there is a minimum of 10 order and we don't need quite that many.

These panels from Mack and the last reproductions available are history. This may be the opportunity you needed to get that rear cab panel that is so often rusted out and dented.

Please post your interest. Thanks, Doug

possibly intrested

Guest 45LMSWM

Doug,

Thought I replied earlier, but I don't see my post up here. I could use up to 6 of these panels. Currently restoring two Mack LMs side by side and both cabs are fairly rough. I have one of the original repro panels made by George Strong(?) and Bob Theimer, however they are incorrect as you probably already know. Might be why there are quite a few of these lying around still.

Not sure about the $600 asking price, though. My sheet metal fabricator here in NJ has done a ton of work for me and has made completely brand new Autocar DC103 pit fenders for $200 each and brand new Autocar bumpers for the same price. Their work is second to none. Maybe if you shopped it around, you might get a better price, and in turn, more interest. Just a thought, don't want to come off as being negative or anything.

Let me know what you think,

John