Steerable Lift Axle

My new Granite is on its way to the dealer and I hope someone can give me some advice on lift axles. The truck has a 263 WB and 340 platform length, I am going to have a 28 foot flatbed and a tag axle installed. My '96 has a fixed axle but I am thinking of a steerable one on the new one. Can anyone tell me what I should expect with maintenance and repairs. The fixed axle on our '96 has about 750,000 and has been very good.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

Look into IMT Ingersoll axles. Supposedly very light and lower maintenance than Hendrickson which use a standard I bean steer axle. They have a variety of spindle, wheel mount and brake options along with a drop center axle tube. They can accommodate single or dual tires, air disc or drum brakes and what ever wheel mounting you want: North America, European and spoke. They cal also ship a whole complete axle kit furnished with suspension, brakes and hubs ready to mount.

They are made in Canada so its nothing exotic and have been tested in the Outback of Australia.

Quick link: http://www.imtcorporation.com/ingersoll_ax...self_steer.html

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!