Hello From Pa.

Allison

Hello all, My name is Jason and im a firefighter from Harrisburg, PA. I just bought my first truck and i think it is a good start. My truck is a B85F Tiller truck with a 707b engine. My department has no original tillers left except this truck. This truck was the first in Harrisburg in several areas. It was the first metal aerial the city ever owned. All previous were wooden mechanical and spring operated ladder trucks. Being a metal aerial another first was the tillers seat being located behind the ladder instead of on the ladder. This truck was purchased brandnew in 1957 for $39,347. It ran out of the busiest truck company the Allison H & L Co. no. 12. The city sold the truck to a volunteer fire house in 1958 for roughly $2500. After about 9 years of use that department sold it to private collectors in michigan. The truck had a very good home for the last 15 years until this last april when i finally brought the rig back home to harrisburg. The tractor and trailer are original to each other but the tractor has been restored. Mechanically they both work well. There are some odd and end things that i need to work on but give me something to do.

I personally have been a fan of the AC Macks and CF macks. I started my fire service career riding CF600's and came to love these trucks.. After buying a B-model I think i have fallen even harder for this model truck. Im very excited to learn as much as i can from everyone.

Jason (Allison)

The photos below show the truck currently and back in 1969 during the riots in Harrisburg. (The reason for the Plexiglas)

IMG_3843.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by Allison

Hello all, My name is Jason and im a firefighter from Harrisburg, PA. I just bought my first truck and i think it is a good start. My truck is a B85F Tiller truck with a 707b engine. My department has no original tillers left except this truck. This truck was the first in Harrisburg in several areas. It was the first metal aerial the city ever owned. All previous were wooden mechanical and spring operated ladder trucks. Being a metal aerial another first was the tillers seat being located behind the ladder instead of on the ladder. This truck was purchased brandnew in 1957 for $39,347. It ran out of the busiest truck company the Allison H & L Co. no. 12. The city sold the truck to a volunteer fire house in 1958 for roughly $2500. After about 9 years of use that department sold it to private collectors in michigan. The truck had a very good home for the last 15 years until this last april when i finally brought the rig back home to harrisburg. The tractor and trailer are original to each other but the tractor has been restored. Mechanically they both work well. There are some odd and end things that i need to work on but give me something to do.

I personally have been a fan of the AC Macks and CF macks. I started my fire service career riding CF600's and came to love these trucks.. After buying a B-model I think i have fallen even harder for this model truck. Im very excited to learn as much as i can from everyone.

Jason (Allison)

The photos below show the truck currently and back in 1969 during the riots in Harrisburg. (The reason for the Plexiglas)

IMG_3843.jpg

11.jpg

Welcome to Bmt. Great to have another Fire Truck on board. Well you be talking it to the Harrisburg Muster in July? I always liked that Muster when we lived in N.J., but now that I am in S.C. it's a little too far to go .

Good Luck with your Rig

Ray

Welcome to Bmt. Great to have another Fire Truck on board. Well you be talking it to the Harrisburg Muster in July? I always liked that Muster when we lived in N.J., but now that I am in S.C. it's a little too far to go .

Good Luck with your Rig

Ray

Yeah we will be there. Its going to be our big debut here in the area. There are a lot of people in the area that have ridden on the truck when it was still in service so there are a lot of people looking forward to seeing it again..!!