Oil/air Breather/wheel Parts For '62 & '66 Macks

gmbelt

I just acquired a 1962 Mack B-85F open cab pumper that has what I believe is a Mack ENF-707 gasoline engine. What type/grade of oil should I use in this engine? Also, I'm looking for a "cap" that looks like half of an oil filter or a bullet that screws on over the area of the exterior wheel where I think the bearings are located.

The 1966 Mack C-95 open cab pumper I have needs the hose/plastic pipe the goes from the carburetor to the air breather that looks almost as big as a five gallon bucket.

As always, your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Gary M. Belt

Manassas, VA

Gary,

Shell Rotella T SAE 40w would be a good choice for the 707 gas engine. You need to post pictures for the other parts you need so we can see what you have, most of the trucks have different types of air cleaners etc. based on the options.

Firemack

Gary,

Shell Rotella T SAE 40w would be a good choice for the 707 gas engine. You need to post pictures for the other parts you need so we can see what you have, most of the trucks have different types of air cleaners etc. based on the options.

Firemack

First, thanks ever so much for your help. I'm not mechanically inclined, so please pardon my ignorance as to what is probably basic stuff to most of you folks. For instance, the Shell Rotella T SAE 40w oil, is there anything that needs to go in front of the "40w", i.e., 10w, 20 w, etc?

Secondly, I've done some searching through the posts on BMT and it appears that oil filters for the 707 gas engines are almost non-existent. Any help on where they can be found or a suitable replacement would be most welcome.

I've tried to attach some photos of the carbruetor and air breather in my 1966 C-95 Mack with the 707 gas engine. I also included a photo of the piece of black steel pipe with a bend that appears to connect to the short piece of steel pipe coming off the carbruetor. It doesn't seem to line up just right and I guess the end of the pipe with a bend is supposed to connect to the flexible tubing (with the wires hanging out) and then to the right opening of the air breather. Any help in finding replacements or lining this up correctly would be a big help.

I have also included a two photos of the "cap" on the wheel of my 1962 Mack B-85F. The cap screws on the wheel and I'm looking for a replacement.

Many thanks for your help.

Gary

Manassas, VA

post-2918-1243113019.jpg

post-2918-1243113041.jpg

post-2918-1243113059.jpg

post-2918-1243113074.jpg

post-2918-1243113086.jpg