Georgia / Alabama Fire Trucks

DWaits

Is there anyone here living in Georgia or Alabama that owns Mack fire apperatus?

I am in West Georgia next to the Alabama line and I am looking for others who enjoy these trucks and would like to share info and parts sources.

David

:mack1:

1948 Mack Pumper

Is there anyone here living in Georgia or Alabama  that owns Mack fire apperatus?

I am in West Georgia next to the Alabama line and I am looking for others who enjoy these trucks and would like to share info and parts sources.

David

:mack1:

No not me, however i was stationed at Ft. Rucker Ala. in 1965 prior to Vietnam. I just towed home my first Mack, a 1939 type S. from Mahonahoy Pa. with a 1960 OREN FORD CAB OVER from the HARLEM VALLEY, NEW YORK. A 3500 mile treck back to calif. I was lucky enough to receive an original 1939 Mack manual with the truck. Good Luck, JAZZMAN. :mack1:

• 5 months later...

I live in Huntsville,AL. My department just got our 1957 B85 open cab pumper repainted. I hope to have pictures soon. I've spent most of my free time putting the truck back together.

David Beach

Harvest Vol. Fire Dept

dbeach2001@bellsouth.net

Hello David,

I am about 45 minutes West of Anniston, I grew up just down the road from Huntsville in Gadsden. A fellow ATHS (American Truck Historical Society)member lives in Huntsville, He has a purple B-61, You may have seen it around town.

Are you a member of SPAMMFA?

I am restoring my 1948 S-75 E series pumper, is your deparments engine still in service?

DW

David Waits

1948 Mack Pumper