Electronic Malfunction Idicator

I've got a prob with a derate of power when accelerating occasionally. The EMI lightining bolt appears and the derate of power happens for about 3-5 secs then goes off for a bit then does it again, always in my higher gears. Thought it might have to do with the cold weather and antigel additives I use, so I changed fuel filters...didn't work, so thought maybe air flow and changed my air filter...no joy. Thinking maybe bad fuel, turbo or egr prob. Anyone's help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I've got a prob with a derate of power when accelerating occasionally. The EMI lightining bolt appears and the derate of power happens for about 3-5 secs then goes off for a bit then does it again, always in my higher gears. Thought it might have to do with the cold weather and antigel additives I use, so I changed fuel filters...didn't work, so thought maybe air flow and changed my air filter...no joy. Thinking maybe bad fuel, turbo or egr prob. Anyone's help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Need to find out what blink code its logging if possible. I know its gonna be hard but when the malfunction light comes on, turn the cruise control on/off switch to off. Then push the other cruise button either up or down, does not matter. The malfunction light will blink, then pause and blink again. Count the first group of blinks and then the second group and that will be your blink code.

I have had in the past an EUP, an engine position sensor and a throtle position sensor cause an intermittent skip as you have described. Im not saying thats whats wrong with yours but that the common things I have seen in my area.