R600 Radiator Shutters

G'day all ,and happy new year,

I'M gathering bits and pieces for an 1976 model r686 with a 320 coolpower we are restoring here in AUS. IT is missing the shutters in front of the radiator and the trim around the opening in the bonnet. AT the moment it is wearing a bit of shade cloth to do the job.

IS the verticle type shutter common to all the 70's R MODELS and fit staight on ? And what type of trim on the bonnet

for this model?

Thanks,

Milo

I'M gathering bits and pieces for an 1976 model r686 with a 320 coolpower we are restoring here in AUS. IT is missing the shutters in front of the radiator and the trim around the opening in the bonnet. AT the moment it is wearing a bit of shade cloth to do the job.

IS the verticle type shutter common to all the 70's R MODELS and fit staight on ? And what type of trim on the bonnet

for this model?

Thanks,

Milo

hey milo,try gleemans for both i know the trim pai do and the air ram to operate shutters,gleemans wrecking heaps of r-model at the moment,cheers adrian(newcastle n.s.w)

for this model?

Thanks,

Milo

G'day Milo, yeh all fibreglass bonnets have vertical shutters, there should be 18 vanes, 'Kysor' is the brand name, you pickm up at Gleemans, if they come of an R model with surrounds they will bolt straight to your rad, if they dont come of an R or another brand of truck they might look right but the vanes and frame could be a different size, vane length should be 650mm. For the trim you might have to find a damaged bonnet . Hope this helps , regards Jeffro.