E7 3-4 code

HarryBiron093

Question

I have 2002 RD E7 460. It’s been throwing the 3-4 code since I bought the truck 2 years ago. When I first got it there were no shims in the cam sensor. I replaced front and rear sensor. In order to get the light out and no stumble I needed 2 big shims and one little one. This year it needs another small shim to keep the light out. With this being said when it’s raining the truck runs worse but the code is never logged continually like a direct short. I sent the ECM out and got it rebuild with no help to the situation. I have verified via Mack Pro again thank you ! That my software is level 7 which is above the required per the service bulletin on the 3-4 code. I pulled the front cover today in hopes to find a worn thrust washer but I don’t see much wear on it. If you look at the picture youl see that it looks like the sensor is touching the the cam gear. Does the washer wear behind the cam gear where you can’t see it ? Anyone ever heated the gear and pulled it in place to avoid pulling the cam ? Help is much appreciated !! 

IMG_0008.jpeg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet