Fuel in oil em6-300L

Chad5576

Question

I have a1989 r model dump truck with a em6-300L motor.    I checked oil the other day oil was high drained about a gallon out of oil.  Sent oil sample off came back 4.5 percent fuel in oil. Truck runs great fires up as soon as it turns over. I did find one injector line that look like it was leaking fuel at head not dripping just wet around line at head. I read that o-rings around injectors could be leaking is this possible or should I look at injector pump.  If anyone could point me in right direction I would appreciate it thanks

1 answer to this question

Yes, check the orings, especially the one you see fuel coming from line, if they haven’t been out since, well, a long time ( sorry,me being a S/A) then pull all of them and reseal, change your oil afterwords and watch it, still does it, check transfer pump and then have someone, ie, pump shop, check the injection pump. You will probably find issue at that one injector.  So you know, injectors torque at 45 ft lb 

And you thought only NASA had rocket scientist!!!!