2009 Mack codes???

TruckingFrank

Question

I have a 2009 Mack ch613. I just bought it I've never owned a Mack. It has the DPF filters it's got the lightning bolt code as well as sometimes the circle with the X in it. It will not allow me to do a regen. Engine power is good no issues aside from that. It will shut down when idling but never tells you to shut down when going down the road. Those codes never show up when driving or throttled up with cruise set. Any suggestions is it worth taking in to look at?

1 answer to this question

If you have ‘09, on your dash, if you have the “basic dash” it will have a small button just below odo, if you have the arm to the right of steering wheel, upgrades dash. To read codes, basic dash(pain in the ass) you have to catch odo reading actual and mash lil black button and hold till dash changes to showing(hopefully) m128, then below write all other numbers down, with “stalk” switch, navigate to diagnostics and you can read codes in there. If you are getting the red circle/X, that’s the shutdown lamp and the 3 main causes and are settings in parameters, are coolant level, oil pressure and coolant temp. By your description, sounds like you possibly have an oil pressure sensor reading low at idle, if it’s an MP7, sensor is located at the front of the oil filter stand, just above the front bypass filter, MP8, oil pressure sensor is located drivers side, to right of engine Ecu and is the top sensor, bottom is crankcase psi sensor, which can cause shutdown, but most of the time when ccs sensor is cause, it will shutdown anytime. Hope that helps

And you thought only NASA had rocket scientist!!!!