Best PRE DPF Engine?

giannid

So I'm a contractor who is looking to convert a tractor to a dump truck and am in the market for a new truck. All our work is local so no long hauls for the truck I'm going to put together. It's going to be a tandem axle and I need something with some decent power. Truck it will be replacing is a 95 Kenworth with a 350 hp Cummins M-11. Need something with a little more pull than that as I'm pulling around a 33k excavator. What are the best pre DPF engines out there? Trying to avoid the full emissions diesels for as long as I can. I know the early EGR systems were problematic and I'm looking. My old M-11 has been trouble free and hope to replace it with something as reliable. Been looking at the Cummins ISX, ISM, and Mack Aset AC equipped trucks and wondering if that's what I should be looking. I have a DPF truck that has an ISM in it now but I think it's a little underpowered for my application. Thoughts?