[New BMT Blog Entry] Paul's Tales - Shop Ready

WattsMack

The new shop is finally ready for use.

Just got in this morning and finished up some heavy duty pallet racks for my parts.

Now we can unload the two flatbeds that are backed in the shop, and get a little organized.

Should be fun getting the old B-67 set up for reassembly.

Might change up my thinking a little - I had been thinking that the B-67 would be my restored

driver with the mods to make it a little more useable, like the air suspension, Jake brake and

Maxi brakes.

Now I'm seeing that this probably isn't the truck for regular use. Just too uncomfortable inside.

So - I'm finishing it as a very original truck, with all the new stuff like wiring, springs, air lines,

plumbing etc., but no modifications except Maxi cans for safety. Even the bias ply rubber stays,

unless I can reasonably buy radial tube-type tires for the original Dayton wheels.

I'm going to put the mods on my R-600 because it is more comfortable, and it runs like a watch.

Plus, if needed, one of my higher power Mack diesels will fit in it. Not so in the B-67.

At least not with an engine brake that requires valve cover spacers.

We moved the Dolomite AC Mack into its' place in the shop this week. Nice to have something finished inside.

Changes your attitude about working on what seem like endless projects!

View the full blog entry