'42 Ls Type 80 Vacuum Cylinder Rebuild Oe Replace ?

Phyrphighter

Hello All,

First - thanks for previous help from the people here. I have figured out that I had two problems that kept me from getting my 1942 80 LS into pump gear. One was a linkage adjustment so that it would come out of prime when put into pump. The other problem that I still have is that the vacuum cylinder that should pull the clutch out when you are changing the lever from "prime" to "pump" and so on is leaking and needs to be replaced or rebuilt. I have 18 inches of vaccum at the connection to the cylinder so I know that it is leaking. Does anyone know where to find one or get one repaired? Is it possible to do myself? In the parts list this is part # 45 RJ 21 Pump Shift Booster Cylinder.

Thanks

Barry

Barry,

WhitePost Restoration in Virginia has about 15 machinists that work on rebuilding master cylinders,wheel cylinders hydrovacs etc. so they have the experience and the materials to rebuild and sleeve hydraulic cylinders. If you check on their website and give them a call they should be able to help you, I have used them several times and they provide great service.

A second resource is Cal Little he restores old Mack fire trucks and most likely has restored these, and may have a source for the parts. Cal's number is 717- 566-8973. He just finished a 1942 L85.

Let us know how it turns out.

Firemack